ROBOTERR is a patented sewerage construction technology, that requires no workers inside the trench and no trench shields, which consists in a robot and its equipment and accessories, specially designed to perform all the tasks done by a worker inside the sewer trench:
- Levels the sand bed with a levelling precision of +/- 1cm
- Mounts the sewer pipes inside the trench
- Levels the sand over the pipes
ROBOTERR is a complete technology, and it has all that is necessary to begin and finish a sewerage construction: the robot, 7 sets of active trench supports, laser levels, laser receivers, accesories, consumables, the training and certification of the operators and license.
The technology is integrated in a van car to provide easy transportation and flexibility in the field.
The technology is designed and manufactured in Romania. It is internationally patented.
In an economical simulation, the calculations resulted in 17.000 euro/km economy (Romanian prices) with the ROBOTERR technology compared to classic methods and technologies.
This robot is electric, made out of stainless steel, robust, remotely-controlled. It is assisted by a high precision laser level, for sand levelling. The robot has an autonomy of 12-14 hours, it can be recharged over night, and the next day it’s ready for work.
The levelling blade of the robot is adjustable, depending on the width of the trench. The robot is equiped with a multifunctional winch, which allows it to level the sand over the pipes and perform heavy lifting and handling operations. On the back part is has a flexible device that allows it to join sewer pipes of different sizes (200, 250, 315mm), for larger diameters larger attachements can be ordered on request. The robot tracked, having
The main advantages of this technology are:
- Reduction of the width of the trench from a minimum of 900 mm (according to the current standards), to 450-550 mm (according to the Roboterr Technology)
- Reduction of the quantity of excavated earth of 30-50%
- Levelling and pipe joining precision of +/- 1 cm
- Increased working speed (as fast as the excavator can dig)
- Work safety: workers are no longer required to enter the trench, the robot being remotely-controlled from the surface
- Low energy consumption: 1 Euro /day
- Handling of the trench shields by excavators is no longer required
- Trench shields are no longer required
- Reduction of human errors: bad pipe joints, reversed slope
Active Trench Supports
The active trench supports are patented hydraulic trench shoring devices, each can be assembled and installed by a single worker in less than a minute. Compared to classic trench shields, the active trench supports press the trench walls and do not allow them to weaken and collapse. These devices are designed to only be used with the robot, and not with workers inside the trench.